- Understand the Holistic Approach
- History of Aromatherapy
- Understand the Structure and Function of essential oils
- Understand Plant Families and their relevance to the Aroma Therapist
- Understand and demonstrate the safe dosage and blending of essential oils
- Understand the physiological and psychological effects of aromatherapy
- Aromatherapy massage including Swedish massage, passive movements, pressure point stimulus and lymphatic drainage techniques.
- Understand therapeutic effects
- Understand the importance of aromatherapy for clients and families receiving palliative or social care
- The evaluation and reviews of the aromatherapy treatment programme
- The importance of suitable aftercare and home care advice
- Methods of preparing aromatherapy preparations for professional & home use
Duration and Requirements:
October – June – Two days per month.
Candidates must hold a body massage qualification.