PROFILE, INDUSTRY AND BUSINESS HISTORY.
- Mary O Donoghue has 22 years of experience in the Beauty Therapy Industry. She started and developed The Sanctuary Spa from one room to 8 treatment rooms with full spa facilities. She currently employs a staff of 6 therapists. The Sanctuary Spa provides the most advanced technological treatments available in Kerry.
- Mary is a speaker at Industry Level and a regular contributor to professional magazines. “Salon Magazine” and “Irish Beauty”
- For the past five years Mary was an auditor for the “White Flag Award “for Leisure and Spa Centres throughout Ireland.
- She developed the descriptors and wrote the training modules for the “Spa and Wellness” Skillnet Training Courses.
- Sanctuary Beauty Academy Tralee was opened in September 2007.
- All students to date have successfully achieved their qualifications; graduates have been very successful in gaining employment from this college and are working in spas, salons, and cruise ships.
- Delivered training for the Institute of Leisure and Amenity Management, Clane, Co. Kildare.
- Over the years she held the position of education director with the Federation of Holistic Therapists Ireland.
- She was involved with The National Authority of Beauty Therapy Education and Training and along with the National Standards Authority in the development of the ISO standard for Beauty Therapy Training Colleges.
- She continues to research the new innovations in equipment and treatments for the beauty industry as it is vital that training needs are addressed to industry relevant therapies and techniques.
It is our promise to each individual student that we provide training to a standard of excellence which ensures that you are both competent and professional on completion of your course.
It is the responsibility of Sanctuary Beauty Academy to address each students individual learning needs and personal learning plans are developed if a student is having difficulties.
Our formula for training has been developed to make learning easy and interesting and to ensure the success of each student with the Awarding Bodies.
We have an excellent pass rate with students achieving Credits and Distinctions.
Within the health and beauty industry this school is recognised as a training establishment with a reputable reputation for standards not only in Kerry but all over Ireland.