In 2008 The Sanctuary Beauty Academy quickly established its place firmly in the beauty industry as one of the leading colleges in Munster. Mary O’Donoghue, the college director set these standards and continues to work closely with the college tutors and students to ensure these standards are maintained right across the college.
Mary is highly regarded nationally and internationally as an industry leader, speaking at conferences worldwide.
Her career started in 1989 to 2014 when she opened and managed the Sanctuary Spa in Tralee. In 2008 Mary opened the doors to The Sanctuary Beauty Academy which remains today an accredited training centre for: I.T.E.C. and C.I.D.E.S.C.O. The world standard for the Beauty and Spa Industry.
Not only has Mary worked as a therapist but is also a spa, salon and business consultant developing existing businesses as well as opening new spas and salons.
- I.T.E.C/C.I.B.T.A.C./C.I.D.E.S.C.O./Beauty Therapy Qualifications
- Consultant: Decleor Paris Trained
- Dip Aromatherapy
- Ellipse Laser Technician 2002
- N.A.B.T.E.T. Teaching Diploma.
- City & Guilds: Advanced Tutor Certificate
- Santi Business Management Development Programme
- City & Guilds and N.A.B.T.E.T.: Assessor- A1, Internal Verifier.
- 2007 -2014 Provides an Independent Consultancy Service dealing with performance evaluation management, staff training and profitable business development.
- 2013 to Present ; Vice President & President CIDESCO Section Ireland
- 2003 – 2006 Director of Education F. H. T Ireland Federation of Beauty & Holistic Therapists Ireland
- 2008 Vice President F. H. T .I
- Spa Feature Writer: Professional Salon Magazine